from David O’Bierne, Commercial Director, ExCeL Exhibition & Conference Centre
After an enthusiastic response to his presentation at our Pre-Event Meeting last month, here is a quick re-cap of David O’Bierne’s Top Tips for exhibitors at Kent 2020 Vision LIVE 2012.
Following these ten simple steps will help you to get maximum value from your investment at Kent’s largest B2B exhibition – or any other event for that matter.
1. Know what success will mean for your company in advance of the exhibition – doing this will give you tangible and measurable things to achieve.
2. Remember that exhibiting at Kent 2020 Vision LIVE is ultimately about closing sales for your business, so plan accordingly around this objective.
3. Before the show, take every opportunity to market your company’s presence and alert current customers and prospective ones to your Kent 2020 Vision LIVE participation.
4. Use clear strong, clear graphics on your stand.
5. At the show, make your stand team easily identifiable to visitors – possibly dressed in a co-ordinated fashion.
6. Ask visitors why they are attending the show. Find out what is their main reason for visiting and establish whether this means that they will require a product or service like yours in the short, medium or long-term
7. Grade your stand leads so that you follow-up those visitors with urgent requirements FIRST.
8. Market your company at the show via Twitter and post-show through all regular marketing channels
9. Integrate your leads into your sales database, CRM system, lead database (whatever you call it) and include as much information as you can on each person and their company, what they do and what they were looking for at the show
10. Stay friends forever! Keep in regular and ongoing contact with stand visitors with personalised marketing. This can include email, direct mail, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, online surveys, invitations to other events, etc.
In this way, you stand the best possible chance of turning your Kent 2020 Vision LIVE stand visitors into long-term customers.
Related video content at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fhGkjFI8Wk
And if you haven’t even booked your place yet, please call Sara Clark or Matthew Dodd on 01892-820930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out which stands are still available.