BBC TVs The Apprentice
Businesswoman, star of the Apprentice and sought after sales trainer, Ruth Badger will sharpen your sales skills. Straight talking and funny but highly informative, in her keynote. Ruth will share her golden rules, outline the key factors that lead to sales success and leave you fired up to take your business to the next level.
Ruth Badger left full time education at the age of 16, with just three GCSE’s to join a Youth Training Scheme within the Civil Service. During the early years of her career Ruth worked in various roles to build up her experience from working for Yates, Wolves Football Club and then to a finance company called Purple Loans.
Ruth’s big break came after Purple Loans were bought by one of the world’s biggest companies, GE Capital. Starting with no experience, Ruth quickly excelled and within 18 months she was promoted 4 times. Ruth has been awarded 4 company awards including Employee of the Year based on her performance. In 2002 at the age of 23, Ruth won the accolade of National Employee of the Year for GE Capital receiving an all expenses cruise around Europe with the Senior Executives of GE.
In 2002, Ruth left GE Capital to join the executive board of a North West finance company called Compass Finance. At the age of 24 Ruth was appointed to Head of Sales and Operations and doubled her earnings. Within 2 years Ruth transformed the company’s performance and turnover increasing it from 3.1 million to 13.1 million which led to the floatation of the business in 2004.
In 2005 Ruth had the opportunity to apply for "The Apprentice”.
In 2007, Ruth hosted a hit TV series called "Badger or Bust” which aired in the UK, America, Australia and New Zealand and to this day she continues to work with the BBC.
Ruth launched The Ruth Badger Consultancy Ltd in June 2006 after filming "Badger or Bust”. Specialising in helping SME’s start, grow and improve, over the last 7 years The Ruth Badger Consultancy has helped over 350 small businesses launch and over 200 grow and beat the recession.
Making Sales Where Other People Stop
Ruth will reflect on her experience and career to date to demonstrate, specifically to an SME audience, how to:
- Increase sales conversion
- Understand the process of sales, including the different touch points to ensure that every single opportunity is being maximized
- Understand the difference between turnover and profit
- How to motivate a sales team
- How to sell, including an insight into how Ruth sells which has generated millions and millions of pounds to date
- How to effectively network
The workshop will also include an insight into Ruth’s experiences on the Apprentice. How she has assisted over 361 businesses in setting up and techniques that she uses in relation to saving businesses that are going bust.
Benefits of attending this session:
- Refresher in sales – ‘How to Sell’
- Very useful and relevant tips to increase sales conversion
- Complete motivator – it’s a good insight into seeing somebody who operates in different businesses and achieves success on a day to day basis