Sports fans and entrepreneurs alike will enjoy a fascinating case study about the successful relaunch of Maidstone United, effectively as a new start-up – just announced as part of next week’s Kent 2020 Vision Start-Up LIVE at the Kent Event Centre.
Local football club Maidstone United recently posted its third year of six-figure profits, having teetered on a financial precipice for almost a decade before the 2010 takeover by shareholder Oliver Ash and local businessman and lifelong fan Terry Casey (pictured below with Chief Executive Bill Williams).
The club’s relaunch as a dynamic and profitable business provides an inspirational case study of how to formulate and execute a robust business plan with flair and determination, using e-marketing and social media as key components of the mix.
Join the new owners of Maidstone United for a special workshop at next week’s Kent 2020 Vision Start-Up LIVE, to hear what lessons the management team has learned five years on and find out what start-ups in other fields can learn from their experience.
Other highlights of the programme for 20th October include:
• Young entrepreneur Ben Towers speaking about entrepreneurship in the digital age
• Mark Palmer from Pret a Manger and Green & Black’s on building a brand with personality
• Tom Christie-Miller from the IoD and Disney on big marketing strategies for small businesses
• Katie King from Zoodikers on the business impact of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
• Social media commentator Zoe Cairns on generating sales through your existing network
REGISTER ONLINE NOW AT: www.kent2020startup.co.uk
Kent 2020 Vision Start-Up LIVE runs alongside Kent 2020 Vision Marketing LIVE and new event BizTech LIVE on Tuesday 20th October at the Kent Event Centre. All three events are organised by Revolution Events in association with The Chartered Institute of Marketing (South East), Kent County Council, KM Group and the Kent Event Centre, with expert marketing support from Zoodikers Consulting and Lavender Blue Media.